Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters #1) - Kelly Keaton
Seventeen year old Ari has always known she was different with her freakishly pale silver hair and light teal eyes. Growing up as a ward of the state didn't make that any easier, but when she goes in search of her mom things become a bit stranger. She travels to her birth place New 2, the city once known as New Orleans before history's worst storms nearly destroyed it. New 2 is the haven for the odd and different and rumors often circulate that it's home to supernatural beings. There Ari stops at nothing to find out where she came from, why her mother abandoned her, and how to end a family curse.

I really enjoyed this fast paced, young adult, paranormal novel that's focused in New 2, a rebuilt New Orleans secluded from the rest of the United States. It was not what I was expecting at all and I was intrigued how it brought in old mythology with paranormal twists. The cover of the book inspired more of a Gothic theme, and New Orleans being more of a party town it elicited more of an exhilarating atmosphere, plus the descriptive details were very inviting. The characters were distinctive and intriguing and drew me in further. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this book for those that like more of a paranormal teen read.